Expanding Talent Pools: Hiring Youth
It’s time to access the talent you need; and, with Nebraska reporting a 2.8 percent unemployment rate (according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics), it’s also time to talk about near-term, potentially impactful solutions.
Introducing the Expanding Talent Pools Series, a brand-new recruiting & hiring workshop that emphasizes inclusivity, sponsored by the Greater Omaha Chamber and the Lincoln Partnership for Economic Development (LPED).
Expert Insights & Best Practices | Learn how to successfully tap into available talent pools in Omaha and Lincoln that are sometimes overlooked or underutilized.
Session Four: Hiring Youth
Youth can play an important part in your talent pipeline and are often overlooked. A group of community stakeholders have been working to changes this and give youth (defined as age 16 to 24) an opportunity to succeed in life and employment.
Hear from community partners the United Way of the Midlands, Project Everlast and more involved with the Opportunity Youth Alliance about how to take advantage of connecting with this population and, in collaboration with other community services, engage them in the workplace. The Opportunity Youth Alliance is a unique undertaking to positively impact retention and minimize work disruption in your organization.
Education presenters: Chad Mares, Greater Omaha Chamber, Ronda Newman, Project Everlast, and Bradley Ekwerekwu, United Way of the Midlands.
Greater Omaha Chamber Members: Free
Lincoln Chamber Members: Free (use discount code LNKCHAMBER)
Line-up in Omaha:
Hosted at the Greater Omaha Chamber (808 Conagra Drive)
- Hiring the Formerly Incarcerated | Thursday, May 2 | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- Hiring Immigrants | Thursday, May 9 | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- Hiring for Job-Share | Wednesday, May 22 | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- Hiring Youth | Tuesday, June 18 | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- Hiring People with Disabilities | Wednesday, June 26 | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
Line-up in Lincoln:
Free to all.
- Hiring the Formerly Incarcerated | TBA | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- Hiring Immigrants | TBA | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- Hiring Stay-at-home Parents Returning to Work | TBA | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- Hiring Youth | TBA | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- Hiring People with Disabilities | June 26 | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
PHOTO AND VIDEO RELEASE
By registering and participating in this event, you consent to the recording of your likeness, image, and/or voice and authorize the Greater Omaha Chamber to use photographs, video, and audio recordings containing your likeness, image, and/or voice in any medium for any purpose.