Expanding Talent Pools: Hiring Immigrants
It’s time to access the talent you need; and, with Nebraska reporting a 2.8 percent unemployment rate (according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics), it’s also time to talk about near-term, potentially impactful solutions.
Introducing the Expanding Talent Pools Series, a brand-new recruiting & hiring workshop that emphasizes inclusivity, sponsored by the Greater Omaha Chamber and the Lincoln Partnership for Economic Development (LPED).
Expert Insights & Best Practices | Learn how to successfully tap into available talent pools in Omaha and Lincoln that are sometimes overlooked or underutilized.
Session Two: Hiring Immigrants
What is the process for hiring foreign national workers and sponsoring such individuals on employment-based nonimmigrant and immigrant visas?
Are there options for long-term “professional” workers as well as seasonal / short-term workers?
Especially in a tight job market with sustained low unemployment, more businesses than ever before are exploring options related to sponsorship of foreign national workers and are weighing various short-term and long-term considerations with respect to this pool of qualified applicants. Business owners, human resources professionals and recruiters who attend this session will get an overview of the process and an understanding of the key issues to consider as they assess the feasibility of sponsoring foreign national workers through a variety of immigration programs.
Education presenter: Ryan Sevcik, Koley Jessen P.C., L.L.O.
Greater Omaha Chamber Members: Free
Lincoln Chamber Members: Free (use discount code LNKCHAMBER)
Line-up in Omaha:
Hosted at the Greater Omaha Chamber (808 Conagra Drive)
- Hiring the Formerly Incarcerated | Thursday, May 2 | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- Hiring Immigrants | Thursday, May 9 | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- Hiring for Job-Share | Wednesday, May 22 | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- Hiring Youth | Tuesday, June 18 | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- Hiring People with Disabilities | Wednesday, June 26 | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
Line-up in Lincoln:
Free to all.
- Hiring the Formerly Incarcerated | TBA | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- Hiring Immigrants | TBA | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- Hiring Stay-at-home Parents Returning to Work | TBA | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- Hiring Youth | TBA | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- Hiring People with Disabilities | June 26 | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
PHOTO AND VIDEO RELEASE
By registering and participating in this event, you consent to the recording of your likeness, image, and/or voice and authorize the Greater Omaha Chamber to use photographs, video, and audio recordings containing your likeness, image, and/or voice in any medium for any purpose.