Expanding Talent Pools: Hiring for Job-Share
It’s time to access the talent you need; and, with Nebraska reporting a 2.8 percent unemployment rate (according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics), it’s also time to talk about near-term, potentially impactful solutions.
Introducing the Expanding Talent Pools Series, a brand-new recruiting & hiring workshop that emphasizes inclusivity, sponsored by the Greater Omaha Chamber and the Lincoln Partnership for Economic Development (LPED).
Expert Insights & Best Practices | Learn how to successfully tap into available talent pools in Omaha and Lincoln that are sometimes overlooked or underutilized.
Session Three: Hiring for Job-Share
In order to remain competitive, companies must be open to non-traditional workplace and hiring practices. Job-sharing is a talent-acquisition and retention solution that fills one traditional full-time position with two specialized individuals who are matched based on similar and/or complementary skills. Job-sharing is a flexible work option for the multi-generational workforce. It can be also be utilized for additional talent- management solutions such as development, succession-planning and knowledge transfer/retention. The result is the ability to attract and retain top talent, increase engagement and leverage a wider range of capabilities to increase productivity and performance with little or no additional cost.
Join two co-founders to learn more about elements of job-sharing and solutions that are on the way to help you find talent that fits all shapes and sizes.
Education presenters: Jessica Charlsen and Jina Picarella, co-founders of JobShareConnect
Greater Omaha Chamber Members: Free
Lincoln Chamber Members: Free (use discount code LNKCHAMBER)
Line-up in Omaha:
Hosted at the Greater Omaha Chamber (808 Conagra Drive)
- Hiring the Formerly Incarcerated | Thursday, May 2 | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- Hiring Immigrants | Thursday, May 9 | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- Hiring for Job-Share | Wednesday, May 22 | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- Hiring Youth | Tuesday, June 18 | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- Hiring People with Disabilities | Wednesday, June 26 | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
Line-up in Lincoln:
Free to all.
- Hiring the Formerly Incarcerated | TBA | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- Hiring Immigrants | TBA | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- Hiring Stay-at-home Parents Returning to Work | TBA | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- Hiring Youth | TBA | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- Hiring People with Disabilities | June 26 | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
PHOTO AND VIDEO RELEASE
By registering and participating in this event, you consent to the recording of your likeness, image, and/or voice and authorize the Greater Omaha Chamber to use photographs, video, and audio recordings containing your likeness, image, and/or voice in any medium for any purpose.