Expanding Talent Pools: Hiring People with Disabilities
It’s time to access the talent you need; and, with Nebraska reporting a 2.8 percent unemployment rate (according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics), it’s also time to talk about near-term, potentially impactful solutions.
Introducing the Expanding Talent Pools Series, a brand-new recruiting & hiring workshop that emphasizes inclusivity, sponsored by the Greater Omaha Chamber and the Lincoln Partnership for Economic Development (LPED).
Expert Insights & Best Practices | Learn how to successfully tap into available talent pools in Omaha and Lincoln that are sometimes overlooked or underutilized.
Session Five: Hiring People with Disabilities
You want talented people, bottom line. Research shows companies that champion people with disabilities outperform others; and, companies that improve internal practices for disability inclusion are four times more likely to see higher total shareholder returns. The result: Hiring people with disabilities is good for business.
This session will discuss workforce resources for hiring talent with disabilities, disability etiquette, worksite accommodations and resources.
Education presenters: Deb Dixon, VocRehab, Assistive Technology Partnership
Greater Omaha Chamber Members: Free
Lincoln Chamber Members: Free (use discount code LNKCHAMBER)
Line-up in Omaha:
Hosted at the Greater Omaha Chamber (808 Conagra Drive)
- Hiring the Formerly Incarcerated | Thursday, May 2 | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- Hiring Immigrants | Thursday, May 9 | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- Hiring for Job-Share | Wednesday, May 22 | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- Hiring Youth | Tuesday, June 18 | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- Hiring People with Disabilities | Wednesday, June 26 | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
Line-up in Lincoln:
Free to all.
- Hiring the Formerly Incarcerated | TBA | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- Hiring Immigrants | TBA | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- Hiring Stay-at-home Parents Returning to Work | TBA | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- Hiring Youth | TBA | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- Hiring People with Disabilities | June 26 | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
PHOTO AND VIDEO RELEASE
By registering and participating in this event, you consent to the recording of your likeness, image, and/or voice and authorize the Greater Omaha Chamber to use photographs, video, and audio recordings containing your likeness, image, and/or voice in any medium for any purpose.