Expanding Talent Pools: Hiring the Formerly Incarcerated
Thursday, May 2, 2019 (8:00 AM - 9:30 AM) (CDT)
It’s time to access the talent you need; and, with Nebraska reporting a 2.8 percent unemployment rate (according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics), it’s also time to talk about near-term, potentially impactful solutions.
Introducing the Expanding Talent Pools Series, a brand-new recruiting & hiring workshop that emphasizes inclusivity, sponsored by the Greater Omaha Chamber and the Lincoln Partnership for Economic Development (LPED).
Expert Insights & Best Practices | Learn how to successfully tap into available talent pools in Omaha and Lincoln that are sometimes overlooked or underutilized.
Session One: Hiring the Formerly Incarcerated
Thousands of formerly incarcerated individuals exist in the community. However high unemployment and recidivism rates for returning citizens suggest the first step in beating the odds is helping these individuals find gainful and steady employment.
In this session, you will learn about workforce readiness programs in Nebraska that are preparing returning citizens for employment both pre-release and post-release. You will also learn about federal incentives your business can access through second-chance hiring including tax credits, insurance bonds and wage reimbursement.
Education presenters: Jeremy Bouman, RISE, Erin Cooper, Nebraska Department of Labor, Diane Good-Collins, Metropolitan Community College, Emmy Hernandez, Heartland Workforce Solutions.
Greater Omaha Chamber Members: Free
Lincoln Chamber Members: Free (use discount code LNKCHAMBER)
Line-up in Omaha:
Hosted at the Greater Omaha Chamber (808 Conagra Drive)
- Hiring the Formerly Incarcerated | Thursday, May 2 | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- Hiring Immigrants | Thursday, May 9 | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- Hiring for Job-Share | Wednesday, May 22 | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- Hiring Youth | Tuesday, June 18 | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- Hiring People with Disabilities | Wednesday, June 26 | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
Line-up in Lincoln:
Free to all.
- Hiring the Formerly Incarcerated | TBA | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- Hiring Immigrants | TBA | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- Hiring Stay-at-home Parents Returning to Work | TBA | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- Hiring Youth | TBA | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- Hiring People with Disabilities | June 26 | 8 – 9:30 a.m.
808 Conagra Dr., Ste 400
Omaha, NE 68102-8102 United States