SEH hiring Graduate Civil Engineer ll
What would it feel like to be part of a company guided by engaged and empowered employee-owners? To have the encouragement to run with innovative ideas? To know your opinion is valued and your voice is heard? Wouldn't you love to work in an atmosphere of transparency, respect, and accountability?
Then you belong at SEH.
SEH is currently searching for a talented Graduate Engineer to join our team in Omaha, NE or Wichita, KS!
Your options as a civil engineer are endless at SEH. You’ll engineer better communities -- complete streets, safer sidewalks, more sustainable utilities, and trails and parks. Others specialize in large-scale projects, like flood control facilities, dams, landfills, harbors/marinas, structural retaining walls and larger geotechnical projects. Regardless of the project, you’ll have your hands in the mix through all phases of a project: planning, pre-design, design, contract documentation, bidding and construction. As people walk, drive, bike or commute through a community or across a landscape, your expertise is positively impacting their daily lives.
- Join a fast-paced, collaborative, and growing team!
- Bring your coursework concepts to life and grow your knowledge of engineering
- Opportunities for continued education, conferences, and technical training
- Opportunity to deliver projects of varying size and complexity
- Flexible hours and competitive pay
- Work From Home Flexibility
What you will be doing:
- Project Management
- Project Scoping, Budgeting, and Contracting
- Leading the production of Construction Plans and Specifications
- Leading and mentoring project engineering staff in technical, construction, and project management duties
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering
- Two (2) to Four (4) years of experience
- Ability to learn and keep abreast of the latest design standards and procedures
- Ability to utilize a wide variety of reference and/or design data and information such as ordinances, statutes, development plans, design guides, and policies
- Ability to communicate well with coworkers and clients
- Ability to travel as needed for team meetings, client consultations, on-site inspections/visits, etc.
- Ability to walk and climb over rough terrain and carry up to 40 pounds
- Must live in or around Omaha, NE or Wichita, KS
- Professional Engineer in Omaha or ability to obtain within six (6) months of employment
- Previous project management, design and construction administration experience of Civil/Municipal projects including site improvements, streets, drainage, and utilities
- Ability to develop new business opportunities and win project work
- Previous experience in project proposal preparation and client service management
- Ability to coach and mentor junior level technical staff and graduate engineers
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D, ArcGIS, and engineering analysis/computational softwares
Who we are
Better Places. Clean Water. Renewing Infrastructure. Improving Mobility. Together with clients, we’re simplifying the world’s most complex challenges. And we’ve been doing this since 1927. SEH is employee-owned and our 900+ engineers, architects, planners, scientists and a wide array of professionals unite behind our core purpose of Building a Better World for All of Us®. You’ll find our employee-owners located across the U.S. and evidence of our work in nearly every state.
Base compensation is expected to be in the range of $78,000 and $92,000 based on skill set and experience. Check out our full benefits package at, SEH Hiring Journey
The selected candidate must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. without requiring visa sponsorship now or in the future. We are unable to provide or take over sponsorship of an employment visa for this role.
For confidential consideration, apply online or send your resume and salary requirements via fax to 651.490.2138. Please refer to the job title if you choose to fax.
Short Elliott Hendrickson Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees according to all applicable equal opportunity and affirmative action laws, directives and regulations of federal, state and local governing bodies and agencies. In keeping with this commitment, it is the policy of Short Elliott Hendrickson Inc. to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or status as a covered veteran. Women and minorities encouraged to apply.
Related Links : http://sehinc.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=2852721job