Join our Team!
Job Title: Major Gifts Officer
Reports to: Chief Philanthropy Officer
Job Summary: Accountable for building and maintaining relationships with various stakeholders to increase awareness of and support for Nebraska Children’s Home Society (NCHS). Responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major and planned donors (NCHS). Oversees donor relations and database services tasks to maximize productivity in support of the Development department’s core initiatives, and supporting the activity of the Chief Philanthropy Officer. Supports the activity of the Chief Philanthropy Officer. Requirements include a passion for NCHS’s mission to provide safe and loving care to children of all ages, strong problem solving, communication, and decision-making skills, and self-motivated.
Job Classification (Exempt or Non-Exempt): Exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Identify, cultivate and solicit major and planned gift prospects for support of the NCHS endowment funds, operating funds and priority projects.
- Assist the Chief Philanthropy Officer (CPO) in identifying and building relationships with current and potential corporate and private funders.
- Educate stakeholders and the public about NCHS programs and funding opportunities.
- Manage a portfolio of donors and prospective donors across the State of Nebraska.
- Oversee and assist Development team with prospect research for fundraising, events, and more.
- Serve as a resource in charitable issues related to taxes, major gifts and planned gifts.
- Work with NCHS staff, Board of Directors, Trustees and volunteers to manage the major and planned gifts program.
- Assist in promoting and managing Society Circle, NCHS’s legacy society.
- Assume the responsibilities and decision making authority of the CPO when the CPO is unavailable.
- Oversees the Donor Relations Specialist and all donor relations and database services tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Philanthropy Officer.
Supplemental Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed the metrics required for NCHS fundraisers.
- Provide support for the Development department.
- Adhere to all NCHS and Development procedures, policies and requirements.
- Assist with special events and conferences, as needed.
- Ability to work occasional weekends and evenings.
- Inform the Chief Philanthropy Officer, or the Executive Team, of activities, goals, trends and issues related to job duties and responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Prior major gift fundraising experience preferred.
- Proficient in the use of Raiser’s Edge, RENXT (or another CRM) and Microsoft Office Suite, or the ability to learn quickly.
- Valid Driver’s License, acceptable driving record
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to oversee multiple projects/requirements simultaneously.
- Dependable and punctual regarding scheduling and attendance
The selected individual must be able to work at a desk for an extended period of time. Extensive use of a computer is necessary. Employee must be able to operate a phone, printer, fax, paper shredder and postal machine. Must be able to lift and carry materials weighing up to 25 lbs. Must possess normal walk, sit, climb, talk and hear functions.
Ability to work remotely (within the State of Nebraska) or in a NCHS office (Omaha, Lincoln, Scottsbluff, Norfolk, North Platte, Grand Island) setting. If choosing an office setting, most of the work will be in an office environment with various temperatures and amount of room, depending on the time of year.
Note: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those that will be encountered by a person performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should visit https://www.nchs.org/careers, locate this position, and click on "Apply Now" beneath the job description to complete the online application form. The application must be completed in full and submitted by the specified closing date for consideration.
Please contact Carly Wegner at 402-898-7793 or at 4939 South 118th Street, Omaha, NE 68137.
Related Links : https://www.nchs.org/careers