The Conference on Opportunity, Diversity and Equity
7:30 – 11 a.m. The Fundamentals of Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives Training Course
11 a.m. – 4:15 p.m. The Conference on Opportunity, Diversity and Equity
The Conference on Opportunity, Diversity and Equity, in its inaugural year, is a new opportunity to squarely focus on addressing Diversity & Inclusion issues at the national and local level to help professionals lead organizations to attract and retain the best talent.
Our next-generation of Greater Omahan’s are more diverse and more educated. Our talent strategy focuses on embracing our diverse population as a community treasure, showcasing premier inclusive-hiring and promotion practices, and bolstering our efforts to develop, retain and attract the nation’s top talent – ensuring that every resident has the opportunity for prosperity. Diversity of thought, perspective and experience drives successful organizations and communities.
The Conference will deliver a powerful, personal and positive-change-making experience for all who attend.
Choose your experience:
- Training Course + The Conference: $275
- The Conference only: $150
The Fundamentals of Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives (7:30 a.m. – 11 a.m.)
Facilitated by Creighton University and Greater Omaha Chamber CODE
Organizations of all types are experiencing the benefits of progress in inclusive excellence. As globalization increases and demographics shift regionally and nationally, embracing diversity and inclusion is necessary for strength, stability and success of organizations. This interactive workshop offers foundational insight, empathy and skills for engaging colleagues in fostering a welcoming, inclusive and affirming work environment in order to leverage diversity and inclusion as a competitive advantage.
After completion of this seminar, participants will be able to:
- Outline the business case for inclusion and diversity through an inclusive excellence perspective
- Recognize and understand how the intersections of identities and perspectives are the core of diversity
- Identify and articulate individual and structural biases and describe intervention strategies
- Collaboratively foster welcoming and inclusive environments where individuals feel they can be their full selves and succeed
- Provide suggestions for increasing employee engagement for collective progress in inclusion
The Conference on Opportunity, Diversity and Equity (11 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.)
Attendees will be able to choose from two key tracks and hear from dynamic keynote speakers.
- Work: Impact your company’s culture and drive positive changes. Gain skills to act and lead in a proactive way to challenges and opportunities in the workplace. Engage in meaningful discussion and hear from workplace thought leaders. Elevate your company to compete for the best talent.
- Live: Everyone can be a D&I champion in their community. Discover your role in transforming communities to be equitable and welcoming places. Learn about policy and practice impacting housing, criminal justice reform, economic development, health disparities, education and more.
- CEO Track: Specific conversation and education for CEOs.
Networking Happy Hour (4:30 – 6 p.m.)
What better way to wrap-up a day focused on D&I than by coming together to connect and unwind. Take in some of the best arts, culture and entertainment while expanding your network and fostering valuable connections.
Training Course + The Conference: $275
The Conference: $150
Registration opens on July 15, 2019. Early bird tickets will be available at a rate of $125 per ticket for the first 50 tickets sold.
Reservations are due Sept. 27, 2019. No refunds will be granted after this date.
Interested in being a sponsor of The Conference? Contact Team Talent.
PHOTO AND VIDEO RELEASE
By registering and participating in this event, you consent to the recording of your likeness, image, and/or voice and authorize the Greater Omaha Chamber to use photographs, video, and audio recordings containing your likeness, image, and/or voice in any medium for any purpose.