State of Our City
Thursday, October 24, 2019 (5:00 PM - 9:00 PM) (CDT)
THIS EVENT IS NOW SOLD OUT!!
Our City. Your Seat at the Table.
Join us for this year's State of Our City on Thursday, Oct. 24, for your deep dive into the topics that matter – curated by Young Professionals, for Young Professionals. This is the third annual State of Our City event, but will be an event unlike any we’ve had before.
- NEW Venue: The Venue at Highlander on the Seventy Five North campus
- NEW Inclusive Planning Effort: To live up to the “for YPs by YPs” this event was a collaborative initiative led by multiple YP groups: Metro Young Latino Professionals Association, Urban League of Nebraska Young Professionals, Mayor’s Millennial Advisory Committee and the Greater Omaha Chamber YP Council to ensure we covered the topics YPs cared the most about
- NEW After-Party: With food and one complimentary drink for each attendee
- NEW Format: TedX style talks targeted for YPs on transit, development projects, entrepreneurship, arts and cultural attractions, the local entertainment scene + more
- NEW Engagement: With new focuses on how to carry the energy and conversations from the night forward
Mayor Jean Stothert, City of Omaha
Candi Jones, Mutual of Omaha
Judy Kiagiri, African Cultural Festival Omaha
Dominic Green, PRIDE
Lauren Martin, Maha Music Festival
Itzel Lopez, Cinco De Mayo Festival
Marcos Mora, Cinco De Mayo Festival
Jorge Sotolongo, NP Dodge
Julian Young, The Start Center
TD Sanders, Seventy Five North
Othello Meadows, Seventy Five North
Daniel Lawse, Metro Transit Board
Jeff Slobotski, Millwork Commons
5 p.m. – Mixing and Mingling
5:30 p.m. – Presentations
7:30 p.m. – After-Party
9 p.m. – Don’t have to go home, but you can’t stay here. :)
If you’re passionate about our city and want your voice to be heard OR just want to learn about the biggest things happening in Omaha in 2020 – this is the event for you!
Tickets: $5 each
Let us know you're coming: Register Here
PHOTO AND VIDEO RELEASE
By registering and participating in this event, you consent to the recording of your likeness, image, and/or voice and authorize the Greater Omaha Chamber to use photographs, video, and audio recordings containing your likeness, image, and/or voice in any medium for any purpose.