FD: Volunteer Engagement Lead
Purpose: The Volunteer Engagement Lead is responsible for overseeing the "Volunteer Experience" for Volunteers serving in the assigned Department
Location(s): Virtual Assignment
Reports To: FD: Chief Development Officer
• Consults with department managers on position on-boarding, planned growth experiences, and volunteer career development.
• Provides consultation, coaching and training resources to promote positive workforce relationships (employees with volunteers, volunteers with volunteers) and effective ongoing volunteer engagement.
•Follows up with volunteers and department managers to ensure proper placement and job satisfaction.
• Consults with department managers regarding the leadership potential of volunteers and supports requesting department managers in developing leadership and advancement opportunities for volunteers.
• Serves as the point of contact for reassignment or referring volunteers to other department positions, or if not a fit for the department to Volunteer Services.
• Connects supervisors of volunteers to Volunteer Services HR relations team for mediation and facilitation of volunteer grievance and performance related issues.
• Leads ongoing discussions with requesting department managers about volunteer engagement cycle, roles and responsibilities working to identify what’s working and lessons learned.
• Conducts exit interviews.
• Works with team members to ensure the integration of their work with volunteer recruitment, referrals and screening, recognition, and Volunteer Connection.