Bronco's Family Restaurant
The first Bronco’s family restaurant was opened at 30th & Fort Streets in 1959 by “Bronco Billy” Barnes. It was Omaha’s first locally owned and operated fast-food restaurant at a time when “fast-food” was an entirely new concept. Business was good, and the first restaurant was followed about 3 years later by the 45th and Leavenworth location. In 1967, the restaurant at 72nd & Pacific was opened, and the restaurant at 120th & Pacific was opened in 1974.